Monday, February 4, 2013

Why Not Chocolate Rolls?

The Chocolate Bread was so good, I was encouraged to try Chocolate Rolls--like Cinnamon Rolls but with, well, chocolate.

Success!



Like Cinnamon Rolls, I used my Aunt Betty's roll recipe. (This is half the recipe.) After patting out the dough, I spread melted chocolate on it: 2 C of Nestle's semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted. I rolled up the dough, cut it, and panned the rolls. The melted chocolate makes this a messy process!

After baking the rolls, I made some Chocolate Ganache:

Heat in the microwave, just to simmering (Watch carefully! It doesn't take long!), 3/8 C (6 Tbsp.) heavy cream. Add 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips and stir until completely melted.

I piped ganache onto the rolls. I need a little practice!

Delicious!



By the way, I used 100% white whole-wheat flour in these rolls.

Whole Grain Happiness!


No comments:

Post a Comment