Monday, February 25, 2013

Cinnamon Graham Crackers!

"Now to combine the cinnamon with the homemade graham crackers."

Good idea, Martha!

I waited for a day when some taste-testers (grandchildren) could come over.  Also, that would keep me from eating all of the graham crackers by myself.

I made them like I had before, except I sprinkled cinnamon sugar on them. I used the double-strength mixture, like I use for cinnamon bread: 3/4 C sugar and 1/4 C cinnamon, a 3:1 ratio. On half of the dough I used Ceylon cinnamon. On the other half of the dough I used Saigon cinnamon.

Before baking: Ceylon to the left and Saigon to the right

After Baking
Disappointment! They were okay, but not amazing like I thought they would be. I did prefer the Saigon cinnamon ones. I like that sharp, pungent flavor.


 Cinnamon rolls were the requested snack for Libby and Ty's checkers game.


I decided the graham cracker itself needed to be crisper.

So today I baked cinnamon graham crackers again. This time I rolled out the dough on parchment paper. After sprinkling with the cinnamon and sugar mixtures--I used Ceylon and Saigon again--and pricking with a fork and scoring with a pizza cutter, I used my pizza peel to transfer the dough onto the preheated baking stone in the oven.


10 minutes was a little too long, with the preheated baking stone!


But, other than the easily-discarded burnt edges, these cinnamon graham crackers were amazing!

Unfortunately, there was only one other taste tester and I have no will-power, so I ate way too many.








No comments:

Post a Comment