Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Whole-Wheat Maple-Walnut Oatmeal Bread, aka Delicious Bread

It's cold today! It's been in the single digits all day. I didn't ride with Pedal to Possibilities today because of the cold--I need better gloves and socks. But I do need to go grocery shopping. So I've been shoveling my walk and driveway and cleaning the snow off of my car bit-by-bit. I can only take about 10 minutes and then my fingers start freezing.

I just walked back in the house, greeted by the scent of baking bread! Maple-Walnut Oatmeal Bread, made with white whole-wheat flour. It smells very promising!

As soon as the bread came out of the oven, I had to run some errands. When I returned, it was completely cool--and ready to try!


There is a reason maple and walnut are paired together so often That pairing works quite deliciously here!

The recipe is the same as Maple Oatmeal Bread, except, like Whole Wheat Maple Oatmeal Bread, the flour is freshly-ground white wheat. And, of course, it contains walnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment