Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Brady Bread Bakery

Yesterday I baked bread with five other people at Brady Bread Bakery. The bread we baked was for people from local Catholic parishes and LeMoyne College who have bread subscriptions. The proceeds help support Jail Ministry, the Brady Faith Center and Pedal to Possibilities.

We baked 45 loaves of bread. See pictures here. It was a lot of fun. They bake on Tuesdays and Fridays. I will join them every Tuesday that I can.

This morning I joined the ride at Pedal to Possibilities. We rode a pleasant eight miles, starting and ending at the Brady Faith Center. Those of us who could stay for awhile shared some delicious, freshly-made split pea soup and Brady Bread bread. They ride Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings at 8:45. I plan to join them every Monday or Wednesday that I can.

The immense good that has already happened through Pedal to Possibilities and Brady Bread is due to Andrew Lunetta, a pretty amazing 23 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment