Monday, October 22, 2012

Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where's the peck of pickled peppers that Peter Piper picked?
I don't know about picking pickled peppers, but my friend Debbie sure knows how to pickle picked peppers. She gave me a jar!
When I opened the jar, my nose received a whiff of heaven.
After a taste, I could have snacked on them until they were gone. This is not a product you can buy. Unless you know Debbie or someone else who can create these. I just don't believe they can be factory-produced.

I decided to make a sandwich with them. I put a slice of my favorite go-to bread on the Foreman grill--my own whole-wheat bread. I don't believe bread this good can be factory-produced either. I topped the bread with slices of colby jack cheese and then piled on some peppers.
I keep the cheese slices thin so I can add a couple on top. When they melt, they help keep everything in place.
Another slice of bread, as it's problematic to grill open-faced sandwiches.
It's done!
It was heavenly! It was a little too good. I ended up making a second sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment