Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Breakfast Sandwich

I made a delicious sandwich for breakfast this morning.

Start with delicious, healthful, whole-grain bread. I just happened to have some!


This works best with large bread slices, which is why I baked extra-large loaves of bread a couple of days ago.

Cut out the center of the slice of bread.






Put a small amount of butter or oil (no more than 1 teaspoon) in a heated skillet.





Put the outside part of the bread in the skillet. Crack an egg in the hole. Add (salt) and freshly-ground pepper.


Place a slice of lean ham on the egg.





Top that with sliced cheese. I used Jarlsberg, a type of Swiss cheese, today.





Top that with the piece of bread from the middle.





Turn it over 2 or 3 times while it cooks for a few minutes. I covered it with the lid, too.





Finally, you have a delicious Breakfast Sandwich! I served mine with some zucchini left over from yesterday.





I think it would be easy to make a lot of these assembly-line style on my big griddle.





I'll make a note of that for our family gathering in Sylvan Beach next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment