Monday, July 29, 2013

Back to Bread Baking

I'm back from my hiatus from regular bread baking.


I spent a couple of months as a longterm substitute teacher at The New School.

Then 14 members of our family made the Great Cross-Country Trip of 2013 together to a family reunion near Astoria, Oregon and to visit other family, friends, and sights along the way.










My Uncle Frosty, Aunt Betty, and cousin Thomasene. I got my roll recipe and cracked wheat bread recipe from Aunt Betty!






No sooner did we return from that, then 19 of us spent a fun week together at Sylvan Beach.








Pizza night! (Home-baked, of course.)


 A few days later, we spent a day at Water Safari in the Adirondacks.

 
These activities were fun, exciting, and challenging. But I'm happy to return to the fun, excitement, and challenge of baking bread.

On the right, three loaves of whole wheat bread hot out of the oven. On the left, two extra-large loaves baked yesterday. Not pictured, two loaves in the freezer, baked four days ago, and one loaf, um, gone!



Whole Grain Happiness Menu

Breads


*Whole-Wheat Bread


*White Whole-Wheat Bread


White Bread


*Whole-Wheat Cracked Wheat Bread


Cracked Wheat Bread


*Whole-Wheat Maple Oatmeal Bread


Maple Oatmeal Bread




Dinner Rolls
*Whole-Wheat Dinner Rolls

*White Whole-Wheat Dinner Rolls


White Dinner Rolls


Cracked Wheat Dinner Rolls




Sweet Breads & Rolls

Cinnamon Rolls


Cinnamon Rolls with Raisins


*Chocolate Rolls


Cinnamon-Raisin Bread


Monkey Bread

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flours—freshly-ground


*hard red wheat


*hard white wheat


*soft white wheat



*Cracked Wheat—freshly-ground

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*100% whole-grain



If you would like to be included on my Baking Day email list, send me an email at 


ksimmonsd@gmail.com.















 




1 comment:

  1. Kathy! I got your first comment! And yes I had a similar experience as you did growing up. Thank you so much for commenting and I love that you keep a blog. Your bread is amazing and I wish I had been doing this earlier (whole plant food diet). I have had a hard time finding good truly whole wheat recipes that are good, so I would have ordered yours as a treat! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete